Conference Odds & Ends
- Your registration for Williamson Lodge include either: one room with 2 Full size beds and 1 set of bunk beds, OR 1 Queen size bed and 2 sets of bunk beds. Bedding and linens are included. The Conference center has some cribs, but in a limited supply. Cribs are assigned on a first come first serve basis. There are also connecting rooms for families who need larger rooms. If you have a specific request, please email Lmoore@gfius.org.
- There are a very limited number of golf carts available for use while at the camp. The cost is $40 per day with a $200 refundable deposit that will be returned if cart is returned in good condition. To reserve a cart, a fully paid registration must be received by Growing Families. The charges for the golf cart will be paid directly to the camp when you arrive.
- A checklist of potential home items to bring to camp can be found here. (NOTE: This list was created by Lake Williamson for their youth camp. As such, not everything on the list will apply to GFI attendees.)
- If you are travelling with an infant, please plan to bring pack & play, etc., as this will be needed for the nursery area too. We are working to have extras available so you won't have to move between your motel room and the nursery. Anyone with extras, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note, we are not the only guests who will be at the camp, which means we will be sharing some of the general camp amenities (beaches, pool, dinning hall) with other groups.
- The camp has an awesome High Ropes Course called Eagle Crest Adventures. Growing Families reserved the course for Saturday afternoon, August 4, 2018 from 1:30-4:30 pm. Please note: Prior sign up is required. The High Ropes course IS NOT included in the registration cost but an additional $16.00 fee per person, to be collected at the camp.
- New this year will be the Climbing Gym located in Eagle Crest Adventures. Growing Families reserved the course for Friday afternoon, August 3, 2018 from 1:30-4:30 pm. Please note: Prior sign up is required. The Climbing wall IS NOT included in the registration cost but an additional $5.00 fee per person, to be collected at the camp.
Coming to the area before the conference or desire to stay longer? Here is a list of non-conference lodging available around Carlinville, IL:
Magnuson Grand Hotel - Right off I-55 in Raymond, IL.
Litchfield, IL is 20 minutes from camp and has many major hotel brands.