We have compiled the most often asked customer service questions of and placed them into the follow three categories:
1 Questions related to the ordering process, shipping, and returns
2. Questions related to Growing Families International curricula
3. Questions related to leading classes and leadership training opportunities
Category 1: Questions related to: the Ordering Process, Shipping, and Returns
1. Can I place my order by phone?
A. Phone ordering service is not available. GFI utilizes web-base order exclusively. The process is fast, very secure, and the savings of not having a call-center are passed on to our valued customers. Questions relating to an existing order, can be directed to Customer Service. When writing, please provide a contact phone number. Other helpful customer service information will be found under “Contact” above.
2. What if I have questions about the internet ordering process, or to check on an order already placed?
A. If you have a question about the internet ordering process, or to check on an existing order, please contact Customer Service.
3. I’m having trouble logging on to the store, what can I do?
A. For those who have not registered with the new GFI Bookstore (January 1, 2015) please take a moment to do so. We moved our e-commerce platform which requires returning customers to register as new customers. Any log-on issues after you are registered are usually associated with the wrong "Log-in name or password. Please do not re-register with a new log-in name and password, but rather, contact Customer Service for assistance.
4. How long does the order process take?
A. On average between 12 to 24 hours from the time an order is placed to the time it is shipped. While rare, some minor processing delays may occur during heavy shipping weeks, particularly during the months of August, September, December and January.
5. What shipping methods are used in the Continental United States and how long will it take to receive my order?
A. Growing Families currently offers five different shipping methods:
- USPS Media Mail generally takes 5 to 14 business days. This service is usually the least expensive for small packages but is not recommended for larger orders or more expensive material.
- Federal Express Ground takes 1-7 business days.
- Federal Express 3 Day Select takes 3 business days from when the material ships.
- Federal Express 2nd Day takes 2 business days from when the material ships.
- Federal Express Overnight takes 1 business day from when the material ships.*
*Overnight Orders – Overnight orders must be placed prior to 12 pm (CST). Although we will make every effort, rush orders placed after 12 pm are not guaranteed to ship the same business day,
6. I live outside the United States or APO/FPO addresses, can I still order?
A. Depending on where you live you can either order through us or one of our International Hubs. For a listing of those see the International Hubs on our Resources tab. If there isn’t a partner in your area, you may also email Customer Service.
7. How do I know when my order has been shipped?
A. You will receive two confirmation emails. One when the order is placed, and one when the order is shipped. You can also email Customer Service, 24 hours after you have placed your order to check on its' status.
8. How can I cancel my order / item?
A. To cancel or change an order once it’s been placed please email Customer Service. If your cancellation request precedes the actual shipping process there will be no charge for the cancel/change. Otherwise the product has to be treated as a return.
9. I received the wrong product, damaged product or my order is missing an item. Who should I contact?
A. If you did not receive all your product, damaged or received the wrong product, please email Customer Service. Growing Families will be responsible for any additional shipping charges associated with a packaging error.
10. What if I need to return a product?
A. If you need to return your purchase for any reason, you must obtain prior authorization by emailing Customer Service to obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number. Any product returned must be in new condition. Returns must be processed within 60 days from the date of purchase (no exceptions) and a 15% restocking fee is applicable.
11. How are refunds handled?
A. Normally, refunds are put back on the credit card used at the time of checkout, although some circumstances may require a refund to be processed by check. Refund checks are issued by the Growing Families International Administrative office and usually processed within ten days. Customers may also choose to have their refund amount carried forward as a “credit” toward their next purchase. This option works well for customers who are sure they will re-order within twelve months. After twelve months of inactivity, unused credit balances are classified “abandon” and purged from the customer's account record.
12. How do I replace a lost or damaged DVD?
A. To replace a single DVD (or CD) please email Customer Service, with the name of the series and specific session(s) you are seeking to replace. You will receive a response of charges and shipping information prior to sending.
Category 2: Questions related to Growing Families International curricula
Questions relating to curriculum come from one of two groups of inquires. The first is from those new to Growing Families International who are looking for material that is age appropriate for their children. For this group we offer a few suggestions.
- Visit the Curriculum page. There you will find our titles listed according to developmental ages.
- Not all of our resources are DVD and workbook related. We also carry the complete On Becoming series of books, from Infancy through the Teen years. That list is followed by other resources, from other authors.
- To get a sense of how the GFI material is communicated, parents are invited to explore our video library, which contains a variety of age related topics.
- Other specific questions can be addressed to ministry support. Our staff monitors all incoming emails to provide as timely of a response as possible. (Note: While customer service provides support for curriculum inquiries, we do not provide one on one counseling. However, we may be able to direct you to resources that can help).
The second group of inquiries come from parents who are or have already interacted with the curriculum, and looking for a resource mentioned in the DVD or workbook presentation. If that is the case we invite parents to click on the Parent Support tab in the menu board. If your question is not answered there, please email ministry support.
Category 3: Questions related to leading classes and leadership training opportunities
For current and future class facilitators, the Leader Support page is the place to start. There you will find a short 'how to lead a small group' video. Within this 21 minute presentation new and experienced leaders will find a host of practical suggestions that can make their class time a rewarding and productive learning experience.
Leaders will also find a number of helpful downloads, including:
- student application
- attendance form
- class roster sheet
- dessert sign-up sheet
In addition to the Leader's Support page, workbooks and website resources, Growing Families International offers leadership training throughout the year, and most noteworthy at the US National Leadership and Family Conference. The next US conference is scheduled for August 2017. Continual to monitor our our Facebook page - Growing Families International as well as the home page on this website for more updates. These training opportunities are packed with helpful workshops and keynote messages geared toward encouraging and equipping leaders at every level from just starting out with a local GFI ministry to seasoned leaders of many years. Mornings are filled with workshops, afternoons are free family times, and we come back together again in the evening as families to enjoy a meal together and a special event design for the Growing Families attendees.
Finally, Growing Families can also provide a Mentor Leadership Couple, knowledgeable and experienced in the various curricula who can guide you along the way and help you in our leadership journey. To find out more about this opportunity please contact ministry support.
For all other inquiries relating to the Growing Families ministry including:
- How can I find a class in my area?
- How can I get help with my parenting?
- Where can I find a specific parenting resource?
- Can I reproduce any of the material to hand out to friends?
For other general ministry related question, please contact ministry support.